Closure Home Learning Information
This is where you will find all the learning which is to be carried out during the academy closure period. I appreciate that this is new territory for everyone, therefore the activities and learning have been designed to be done as independently as possible. In most year groups the learning will be placed into a daily folder. Please adhere to this and do not be tempted to dip into other days. Class teachers will post daily instructions and if you have e mailed the academy with any questions or queries, these will be answered on a daily basis and posted here.
Details will vary for each year group but this is a list of the usual daily activities:
- Children should read for half an hour each day
- Complete one piece of writing each day
- Complete one Spelling, Punctuation or Grammar exercise each day
- Complete one piece of handwriting exercise each day
- Complete one Arithmetic exercise each day and one piece of maths learning each day.
- Children need to practice all their times tables each day so that they know them ‘off by heart’
- Children will have overviews from their History, Geography and RE units from this academic year and can chose a unit to further research and present from each subject. One research piece of homework per week
- Children will also continue to have access to their Timetables Rock Stars, Charanga and Purple Mash account. Some pupils can continue to access Lexia.
- MFL activities from Purple Mash
In KS2, children are expected to spend a total of 5 hours learning each day, recording this on their Home Learning Record Sheet, which will be signed by parents each day.
In KS1 this will be for 4 hours each day and in the EYFS, as instructed by the teacher.
As this is a new initiative for all of us, there may be times when things don’t go according to plan. We will be monitoring this daily and making improvements as and when we need to. It is vital that learning does not stop during this time but remember to have fun too and to be as active as you can be.
Best wishes from everyone at HPAK.